Monday, May 22, 2006

This Monday in May

Not much happening. Just the regular school day for Madam B. She did come up with another recipe for Vegan Cookies. She wants to find a way to have her cookies Vegan style...They were pretty good! Kind of had a sweet bread texture. But they were really nice to look at, and would go great with tea or coffee. Whatever they are, they are original. I find that Cool Beans!

I admire her creativity gene. She is a progress maker. At first, every single thing had to be done buy the book - if it called for one lb - than _ONE_ L-B- it was, had to be. Then, I guess she got her confidence up and now she just reads a recipe and swerves all around it. One tiny little problem with that ~ she might cut the recipe for, instead of 24 cookies only 12, and then she will eat them all!! She calls it *testing the samples* .... We call it *having no cookies for us.*

Madam B is interested now in speaking Japanese. Having no real knowledge on the subject, we bought a book yesterday, and she found a site on line that is really cute as it has audio~ it even helps you count -- you should try it, it's fun --
Click on this link - then Click on Numbers 1-20 -- make sure your speakers are on. It's helping! And it's fun!

So, she's been great. We're both looking for a book to be in love with. I ordered 5 from the library, using the suggestions of friends. Madam B bought one at Barnes and Nobles and noticed on the introductory page was a quote from Pride and Prejudice. She hopes it's good.

Tomorrow I paint. I think I’ll just plan on being outside tomorrow. Madam B can bring her books outside. We did pick up that book on Jan Vermeer, so we started that one. That will be our second artist this year, and we choose Comedy of Errors for Shakespeare’s reading.

She finished Midsummer’s Nights Dream, mentioning many times of how it reminded her of Romeo and Juliet, and indeed I found in my book “Shakespeare After All”, and yes, it was Romeo and Juliet ‘turned inside out’ it says.

And I can enjoy my green smoothie outside ~ and speaking of that – I tried mine with mango and lime, and it’s wonderful! It was Mango, banana, spinach, green lettuce and the juice of half a lime….so good!

Mr. B hasn’t tried one yet, not even a taste. He has passed them in the kitchen and gave a little stare.

But I’m sure his day will come. Everything in it’s own time. He’s very pleased with stir-frys, and they are filled more and more with veggies and less and less with meat, and he seems okay with that. Tonight, though, with the stir-fry and chop suey, I made us a lovely piece of salmon. I’ll use the left over piece of salmon for his lunch tomorrow. So I can justify three meals with it!

I have stalled a bit in reading Persuasion, but I’ll get back to it. During my painting breaks, I’ll read. It’s become more of an assignment that a joy, but I am still hoping a great lesson or great thoughts will be stimulated from this fine work of Miss Austens.

Oh little up date for those who watch American Idol, one of my friends, who emails me, thinks that Taylor Hicks is going to win. And I asked her why, and she said that she lives where Katherine McPhee is from and the people are not really rallying around her very much, but that Taylor has the support of friends, family, and the townspeople; seems he got everyone excited about this, and excitement helps them. Seems they are waving his banner in Alabama, that’s for sure! So with that information in mind; it will be interesting to watch the results!

"Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is sucess:
~~Henry Ford





No comments: