I haven't been entering my post. I've been writing them and then just leaving them in the draft stage. I'm not sure why. But I remembered the real reason I have this blog, and that is to keep track of my life during these days.
So here are some bullet facts:
1. Painting. Not painting the roses red, but painting the house a light almond. Replacing the siding (- inserted advice: never again have a house with wood siding -) and this involved priming _both sides_ of the 4 x8 sheets of wood, and then painting. And one is painting on a wood that just really needs to soak up the paint. Okay, enough, I will remember what all was involved.
However, my body is about done with painting. I have reached high and low and painted while I was almost upside down...I think it looks good, but enough of this project. There is still trim to do, so we will see. Mr. B is busy up to his eyeballs as well. But I am physically tired.
2. There is a delicate situation going on in my family. I have been volunteered as the messenger. Actually, I volunteered myself, as it needed to be done, and I felt I could do it. So we will see what happens here. But I could say, lives are at stake.
But lives are at stake everyday when you think about it. Little children are becoming the adults they will be. They are soft and pliable, and then that fiber of their beings, their fluffy sweet little hearts, become strong stalks of whatever you helped make them into. Be a role model. Be a good role model. The world needs you to be as much as your own children need you to be a good role model.
3. Had a great conversation with one of my sister in laws about green smoothies! What a riot. I can't quite get people past the color! There is something about saying the word "green" and "smoothie" that brings up a caution sign in people! Spinach is okay ~ but ‘green smoothie?’ and they are cautious. But she's not against trying them, and I know her two little boys will try them because they think their mommy rules the world!
4. We have people coming to see our house today. Two different families. We've been passed over on some 'almosts' on two occasions (wonder if it's the wood siding! It's surely not the painting!! hahahahaha) -- so, Lord Willingly, maybe someone will make an offer as our little house in Hobe Sound is almost ready for occupancy.
5. American Idol. So much brew-ha-ha about this show. It's nothing but a talent show of old with worse commericals. Remember Ted Mack's Amateur Hour? The Idol is a hyped up version of that.
I have popped in on this show now and then; but it doesn't hold my interest to watch it every night. I don't care for watching the same people sing over and over after they choose the first round of 10 or so ... I think Simon Cowell is entertaining, but still, one doesn't have to watch it, as it will all be replayed over and over again on the telly and newspaper and the internet *just* in case you missed it!
I did watch the last 10 minutes when the final fellow won, I keep forgetting his name! I wanna say, Clay Hicks, but that's not right (It'll come to me) ...anyway, during his song, after he was crowned, he said something that brought nausea to my being -- he said, "come on and sing with me, I'm livin' the American Dream."
Truly, I just about threw up! I thought, "That's it?! That's the American Dream! Well, I guess I'm lost and confused, because seriously, world, I had no idea!"
But anyway, I heard one good pitch for the Idol show on NPR. They said that this was giving the older, talented artist of the past a chance to be heard and maybe revamp their careers. Again, I guess that's part of the American Dream.
Not that singing and music are great and wonderful and most necessary. I love music! But listening to Andre Bocelli just 10 minutes before you hear those Idol people sing, and you think,'what are they doing? ohhhh singing....sorry."
And if you love Idol, that's fine ~ I'm just not a great TV fan. I do sit myself in front of it now and then, but it doesn't hold really much. And when you think about how many hours of television time are available, we should be ashamed at how much junk is featured on that thing.
Note to self - you have to hang up now. You have people coming at 11....
Saturday, May 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment