I tried to go out and do some grocery shopping and few errands, but it just didn't happen.
I ended up cutting my hair, doing a load of laundry, and then when I brought it in the living room to fold, looked for an old movie on TV and found the Judgment at Nuremberg. Wow! What a good movie that turned out to be...
All the great old stars were in it, and there was also a very young Captain Kirk. Here is some information on Amazon about the film.
I love the old black and whites. And this one really made me think ~ about history and apathy and always being vigilant.
I did fall asleep towards the end, it was a three hour movie, and my snoring woke me up ~ but I saw the ending.
When I see films like this one, I always wonder whose point of view this is, even when the film is based on fact. But I think it was good to watch. There were scenes from the Concentration Camps that were very difficult to look at. But the point of showing them was that the German judges on trial had said they did not know what was happening. They said they were acting for the good of Germany in their decisions.
Later, I got a call about someone coming to see the house. They made an appointment for today, so I thought I should clean the bathroom or something, but some friends dropped over. Visiting seemed like a better thing to do. So we visited until way past everyone's bedtime. The kids swam in the pool, and we decided to do it again today after the people who are looking at the house leave.
I am getting bored of this living in this between stage of the house selling. I told my son I'm in a 'limbiontic state'. He says, "mom, what is that?" I said it's like being in limbo while you are catatonic (the trance part, not the drunken stupor part.)
One more thing, I had told my husband before I got the call about the Realtor appointment, that we should keep the house up as someone was going to come this weekend.
A great secret of success is to go through life as a man who never gets used up. -- Albert Schweitzer
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. -- Anonymous
Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can. -- Danny Kaye
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.-- Abraham Lincoln
Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before, how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever...-- Isak Dinesen
No comments:
Post a Comment