Thursday, November 03, 2005

What Sense to you favor?

Here’s a self test – What’s your favorite Sense?

And is there an advantage of knowing this about yourself? I found a little advantage in this test when I took it with my spouse. He’s Auditory. I was Kinesthetic. We see things from different angles, and knowing these simple little differences we began to phrase words of explanation differently to each other. It’s like finding a short cut way to make oneself understood!

I have no idea if this little test would help or interest you folks at all. It’s from a book that I’m sending to my sister called, “How to make people like you in 90 seconds or less” (she’s in business and finds these things helpful)

So maybe take the test, and, then, we’ll discuss ~~ we’ll talk about each other, and how weird we know we each are…..

Where would you place yourself among the Visuals, Auditories, or Kinesthetics? Like many people, you’ll probably say, “Oh, I’m a Visual, for sure.” But you might be in for a big surprise. Take the following test to see how you tune in to the world. Choose only one answer from each question, and circle the letter next to your answer.

If only three rooms are left at the beach resort, I would choose the room that offers

a. An ocean view but lots of noise.

b. Sounds of the ocean but no view.

  1. Comfort but lots of noise and no view.

When I have a problem,

  1. I look for alternatives.

b. I talk about the problem.

  1. I rearrange the details.

When riding in a car, I want the inside to

  1. Look Good.
  2. Sound quiet or powerful.
  3. Feel comfortable or secure.

When I explain a concert or event I’ve just attended I first,

  1. Describe how it looked.
  2. Tell people how it sounded.
  3. Convey the feeling.

In my spare time, I most enjoy

a. Watching TV or going to the movies.

b. Reading or listening to music.

c. Doing something physical (crafts/gardening or playing a sport

The one thing I personally believe everyone should experience in his or her lifetime is

  1. Sight
  2. Sound
  3. Feeling

Of the following activities, I spend the most time indulging in

  1. Daydreaming
  2. Listening to my thought
  3. Picking up on my feelings

When someone is trying to convince me of something,

a. I want to see evidence or proof

b. I talk myself through it

  1. I trust my intuition.

I usually speak and think

  1. Quickly
  2. Moderately
  3. Slowly

I normally breathe from

  1. High in my chest
  2. Low in my chest
  3. My belly

When finding my way around an unfamiliar city,

  1. I use a map
  2. I ask for directions
  3. I trust my intuitions

When I choose clothes it is most important to me that

  1. I look immaculate
  2. I make a personal statement about my personality
  3. I feel comfortable.

I make decisions

  1. Quickly
  2. Moderately
  3. Slowly

So after you look over your answers, you make your tally – How many each of a, b, c’s—

a) is visual b) is Auditory and C) is Kinesthetic. The higher the number in each category, the stronger the tendency.

By taking this test, not only will you now have a strong indication of how your three main senses stack up, but you’ll also begin to understand how people can have differing priorities. I’m still working on understanding that one, as my priorities seem to make a lot of sense to me, and I guess I need to make sure of what my mate’s priorities are, reflect on the test results, and then explain to him why he is wrong?

No comments: