The photo does not justice do to the Lovely Thanksgiving Pie. It sure doesn’t capture the love that went into it. (I'm finding it's not so easy to photograph food!) But I just had to share Madam B's first Apple Pie with the world. This was Grandma Rita's recipe that she followed with Grandma Rita at the assist.
Grandma Rita has been spoiling us for years with her pies and her pasties. Rita was born in Ireland, as was my husband, and didn't come to America until she was thirty years old. Her baking has always been most special. There's something about those old recipes that sets them apart. I'm not sure what it is. The use of less sugar perhaps? Whatever it is, it is excellent!
I realize Thanksgiving Day has passed, but I'll never stop being thankful. A thankful heart is full. A thankful heart has no time for dwelling on negative thoughts, as they are swept to their proper place ~ out the back door! It is not a good plan to allow negative thoughts to plant themselves deeply. Keep a fertile ground of thankfulness, as that can only lead to the growth of love. And I believe Love Conquers All. And I believe Love Bears All Things.
Last night in a conversation with #1 son, I told him I was in a good place emotionally. He asked, "Why is that, Mom?" After thinking about it seriously, I realized that to be in a good place emotionally, it has to be a conscious decision. So why not just make it?
The sooner we do it, the more practiced we become at it. And who knows, maybe a generation of Thankful Hearts could just change the world!
~Shirley Abbott
No comments:
Post a Comment