Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Early musings

Words to the wise:

Dorian Gray (The Picture of Dorian Gray)~ "An' the Gobble-uns 'll git you ef you don't watch out!"*

Reverend Dimmesdale (The Scarlet Letter) ~ "Be sure your sins will find you out!"**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was up at 5 AM. What? Am I crazy now?

Sleep declared itself done, so I arose before the sun. I enjoyed my cup of hot coffee in the quiet, and began my bookwork, which I completed! hooray! but I forgot about the sunrise that I had wanted to see!

I am happy to say, though, that I accomplished a lot of work. All my posting of bookwork is complete and up to date! This is marvelous. I cleaned out three drawers of my desk. Threw away a bag of things. Helped my husband with something he had to complete, and am now taking a short break before I get ready to head out for errands and visit my homebound friend, Drusy.

Madam B did all her today's school last night, so she has made Blueberry muffins for me to take to Miss Drusy, cleaned out some cabinets, and cleaned the kitchen and is helping her dad with emptying of the attic. This is a job that has been lying in wait. Since we are moving (soonish?), we must not put this off any longer.

Dad's best and easiest way to clean and organize? Throw it out!

I usually have to leave, so I don't have to deal with emotional attachment to "stuff." It's terrible, isn't it? I still have the first flowers my oldest son gave me (he's 29 now) in the original little plastic box I put them in after they turned brown. I go in my closet every so often to look at them. Silly, I know, but it always makes me smile. I can still remember the day, the little head of hair running over with his eyes focused on the little flowers, "Here, mommy, for you." Ahhhh, life is just so short!

Well, you know what they say, enjoy your achievements as well as your plans!

Later,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* Little Orphant Annie (one of my favorites to read aloud)
**Numbers 32,23

No comments: