Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Today is a gift

The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it. -- Anonymous


My daughter and I are cleaning out drawers and boxes and cabinets. It's really amazing how much you can get rid of and still look like you've gotten rid of nothing!

I think tonight is the New Moon. We are going walking soon. I feel relaxed. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the moon, but in Madam B's astronomy today, she learned about the moon and how it affects the ocean. And she said, 'I never really thought about the fact that the waves in the ocean move even if there is not a breeze, and the book says that the moon and gravity pull, make the waves.' So she wondered, 'why isn't the water in my glass moving in waves? I mean there is gravity and there is the moon....ummmm." (anybody know without my looking it up?)

We made another big pot of vegetable soup. Madam B wants to try one week with eating only vegetables, so soup seemed like good thing. And it's lovely here now, the weather is perfect for a cup of soup now and then. And it turned out so well!

For Dad we made the cutest little pizzas! And we top them with mozzarella cheese and tomatoes, which we season with oregano, basil, seasoning salt, and garlic powder. Yum.

I am trying to convince my mother in law to try the Green Smoothies! She is tired all the time. She sounds wicked tired on the phone, so she will be a perfect candidate for knowing if this will be a help.

I am currently reading The Picture of Dorian Gray and The Scarlet Letter.
There are some very interesting and thought provoking concepts in both these books. I am enjoying them both.

Since I have began to use the Ambleside Online curriculum, I am regaining interest in the classics and have decided to chip away at reading them all. It's helps when someone is reading them with you (Like Tim's Mom). That encourages me to stay focused, and even though I don't get to discuss the books as much as I would like, the opportunity is there should I take it.

I love the AO curriculum. It's like the education I wished I had had!




"There is no Challenge more challenging than the challenge to improve yourself."
-- Michael F. Staley


PS ~~ Just a little shout out to Miss M!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!


No comments: