I misplace things on a daily basis. It's just me. I have a disease. The one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing. It's dyslexia. Was anyone aware that there are scientist currently working on trying to find a gene that proves dyslexia is heriditary? It was discussed on NPR this past week, and has been before. Here is a message board that was speaking of it.
Some people from Yale are studying it, and I think two other places, as well. They have found a total of three different genes that it might be, but are sure of none.
I really don't know what this all means. I mean, it's good to study things, but I'm wondering how knowing it's a gene can help dyslexia? I wouldn't give my children a drug (I have two dyslexics and then myself). I have just explained to them they are the way they are (and my brother cautioned me greatly about that because he didn't want me to stifle any genius they may have by telling them they can't do something. I mean, Shakespeare did, after all, make up words, and dyslexics, some, see words differently, maybe even to use them as a new word...)
But Dyslexia can annoy one in other ways than reading ~~ it can affect your time management and that's called Time Management Dyslexia, which people do not believe is heriditary, even though if you check out the link from the word genius, you will see it mentions Time Management as a Problem. (I can only say I'm working on it as I realize it is a problem for me, and my daughter is working on it because it just seems to make the most sense in handling your life.)
anyway,
Here are the listed criteria for Time Management Dsylexia:
Do you often show up late for appointments?
(I used to, but not anymore, I am righteously on time)
Do you often stay up late to get things done?
(I do. But I don't always get the things done that I planned to get done. But something gets done.)
Do you ever rush to make up for another task that took longer than you thought it would?
(frequently if not more often than not)
Do you regularly try to squeeze too much / too many things into an alloted amount of time?
(That's what I do best.)
Feel rushed and harried often throughout the day?
(Well, there was a time I was _so_ like that, now, I let it flow.)
If you're Time Dyslexic, I'm imagining that you'll find that you consistently underestimate the amount of time it takes to complete things.
(Yes, I do that. I always underestimate the time and now I always add plenty of time.)
So, I'm a time dyslexic and a regular misplacer dyslexic. But I'm working on it! I may never
change. But, I've been this way so long, I doubt I would recognize myself if I were to become some what perfect.
But the children! I would hope they could find a way to accept they way they are as being
for some reason that is good. Mostly, I don't want them to worry about how they are, justfunction to the higest of their abilities. If some sense is underdeveloped, usually, if you are a person who has not gone dormant, another sense will perk up in it's place, and they will learned to develop a whole new sense to assist the way they learn and look at things, and then maybe, they will be original thinkers! How cool is that? Oh .... who knows. Just always hope for the best...that's a good thing.
(I still can't figure out why this great big space is here on this post ~ I've tried to fix it and just can't seem to do it......oh well)
Tell you what ~ just mediate quietly while you scroll down...........
ooohhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Saturday, November 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment