Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Some thoughts of Thankfulness

"When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup."
Sam Lefkowitz


"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit."
Albert Schweitzer


"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens


"A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all other virtues."
Cicero


"I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


"God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say 'thank you'?"
William Arthur Ward


Let never day nor night unhallowed pass But still remember what the Lord hath done.
~William Shakespeare

No comments: