"I am," I said
To no one there
An no one heard at all
Not even the chair
"I am," I cried
"I am," said I
And I am lost, and I can't even say why
Leavin' me lonely still
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The above are words from a song
by Neil Diamond, "I am I said."
In an earlier post, I mentioned an interest in reading
about John Clare, whose Poem I posted here.
It began...."I am,"
and this Neil Diamond song came in my mind, and I wondered...
Did Mr. Diamond read John Clare?
Mr. Clare was a troubled soul, indeed, and died in an insane asylum.
And I recall Mr. Diamond, in an interview
long ago, saying that he had written, "I am I said" while he was going
through some therapy.
It just makes one wonder is all.
Makes one wonder, just how connected is everything?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am a part of all that I have met.
Alfred Tennyson
Monday, November 14, 2005
Connections of Poetry and Song
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment