The voice of parents is the voice of gods, for to their children they are heaven's lieutenants.
~~~William Shakespeare
Early in the day, I shopped along with 2/3 of my town. I did get out early, but I had to wait until I got the phone call assuring me that all would be okay with my mom. She had gone into the hospital on Monday afternoon, to finalize lots of tests because of a pressure in her chest and numbness from her elbow to her hand that would not go away.
Long story short ~ She went to the doctor first thing in the morning, doctor said, "Well, if you were 26, I'd send you home, as everything I can check out now looks fine. But you're 76, so I have to run more tests." Which they did, but each test lead to another test which lead to the last test that needed to be done, which was the catheterization, and that revealed she could go home. But heads up, MOM!! You had us worried.
Because Mom was in the hospital, there were many phone calls, but they were necessary. We needed to find out what was going on, and we needed to comfort each other. It is in these times, you really appreciate a way to feel close to those you love.
Moving on ~
Came home from the shopping, and Madam B (whom I can't sing enough praises about) had all the counters and such, ready for stacking the grocery bags and then had them unloaded and put away faster than I could get the mail and make a cup of tea! Bless the Lord for this child to be my last at home!
Next, sitting with a cup of tea and my daughter's brilliant conversation, the phone rings. It's my sister in law (who was in a city 7 hours away) telling me my in-laws are broken down about a mile from my house. It's seems my mother in law was so upset about it, that she called my sister in law thinking she was calling me!
But the angels were with them. Their car had just _stopped_ ~ right in the middle of one of the busiest intersections at that time of day because of the school bus stop. They said, "Seven angels all rushed out to help us." They don't know where they came from, but men flew to their aid from every different angle of the road! The fellows got their car secured on a side road, and one waited until I got there. I ordered a tow truck and got them home.
So all is well, and as always, there is a story to tell!
No comments:
Post a Comment