Monday was a real catch up day for me. My list of errands long:
1. Delivery of cleaning supplies to the Dept Of Transportation (Our only cleaning contract that we will be losing at the end of this month, but they still need supplies)
2. Two banks (so really that's 2 and 3)
3. Return 4 packages - and that involved two stops - UPS and PO (so really that's 4 & 5)
4. Looked in Goodwill for books (found nothing)
5. Grocery Store (forgot my list, ran up cell phone minutes talking with Madam B)
6. Home
7. Back out to Grocery store, had not only forgotten the list but didn't have pen and ended up getting the wrong kind of cheese BUT - fontina just cannot be found!! And it wasn't at the other store either.
Madam Blueberry cooked a Three Cheese and Spinach Pasta dish. There was so much, we feed the neighbors, as well. They loved it. We weren't crazy about the cheese we had substituted for the fontina. Actually, I think I measured out too much of it and it ended up over whelming the flavor of this potentially excellent dish. I have not confessed this to MB at this time, as she may fire me as First Assisstant.
Good and lovely news ~ when I came home from all those errands, I found that my kitchen had been totally reorganized! All the drawers, all the cabinets, top and bottom ~ all were in perfect order!! And there was additional order in the way the continuity flowed from draw to draw in the rearrangement. She did a magnificient job.
And she didn't stop there! She had organized my desk, (this was quite a feat), folded and put away four loads of clothes, the kitchen was not only spotless, but the living room and dining room looked as if we were having company. I need a better adjective than to say I was floored, but you will have to accept that for now.
She had such a pace going, that we continued to pick up and straighten until it was time to take the lovely casserole out of the oven.
Such a picture.


At 9 PM we watch a show together. And then we exercise. Well. I try to keep up.
Today ~ (of course, both days, there was our school work)
I spent a lot of the day today catching up on my paper work. Not just business, but cards for friends who are ill or who need cheering in some way, and I made chocolate chip cookies.
We helped Dad outside do something I can't really explain, but it was scary and involved cars and boats and trailers and heavy things that could fall on you. But it worked out okay.
This evening Madam B treated us to Almond Chicken Stir-Fry (Excellent) accompanied with Basmati rice. Wonderful! (I need to consult a thesaurus so as not to become boring in my praises)

No comments:
Post a Comment