I have felt interest in the works of certain mortal men in history. I am drawn towards the writings of these people, and I think I finally (might have) figured out some reasons why.
Plato - He had a love for wisdom and philosophy. He raised questions that encouraged one to think for themself. He cared about personal growth and felt that education would lead to a better society.
William Shakespeare - No one's insight on the human condition was as clearly presented as his, but often with humor. That was his genius, in the way he presented and appreciated the experiences of people. But he proposed the idea of knowing yourself well (To thine ownself be true) and be people smart also ("I know you all!"). So, you not only strive to understand yourself, but also to understand the world around you.
And I have felt "the whole world is a stage", and we each have roles to play (and they are constantly changing).
Albert Einstein - I believe he never departed from the truth that childhood had so much to offer. He looked at things in a childlike and imaginitive way. He never lost his sense of wonder for what was beyond what he knew. And he was quite humorous.
Wednesday, September 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment