Monday, September 26, 2005

I get by with a little help from my friends.....

"A decent boldness ever meets with friends."

~~Homer

I am a person who can count myself fortunate in this lifetime. I have been blessed with very good friends. Those of you who have good friends know what I mean.

I was thinking that I might not understand exactly what the quote means. I can feel it’s meaning, but I can’t enunciate it.

But I think it means – I can be bold in being myself with my friends. My friends educate me with all the things they know and share. They empower me. They enlighten me. They unburden me. They enhance my very being.

Friends --Bringing about the best in us, and making us feel emboldened by their meetings, this brings about the decent boldness that makes the connection powerful.

When you meet your friend, something in you opens up….a part of you comes out to play. Something is released in your spirit. A part of you that lays still and might be lonely sometimes leaps up to the fore-front to be the one to smile.

A friend opens up the rivers in your soul that might otherwise lay dormant, when they offer to you the trust of their hearts. There is power in trust. Emboldening power.

It’s a true blessing to find a friend. Tell them. Write them, call them, visit them ~ you know who they are – make sure they know, you know. Rock on in the boldness of your friends. It's the decent thing to do. Just go ask Homer!

No comments: