Friday, September 23, 2005

Friday Night


"Life is mostly froth and bubble; Two things stand like stone: - Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. "
~~~Adam Lindsay Gordon (1833-70)


The day did produce my unaccomplished goals. But I think that's okay. I did fail to get cetain things done, but I did different things. And that's okay.

Because of hurricane Rita, I was concerned there would be another gas shortage here, and my husband can't go to work without gas. So, best that he fills up and I fill up in case he has to rob from me. The lawn business is really not the business to be in with no gas available. So I left to do that, and yes, the lines were long and boring And I felt there wasn't much sweetness today about it; maybe that's because it wasn't for need, but for greed? Oh, that's not a fair statement, I don't think..

After I filled up, I ducked into Walmart, as it was right there, and picked up some things for dinner and just regular stuff that you need.

I don't mean to pass judgment on anyone or anything, but walking in the door, I was struck by all the things available to us, that we don't need.

Movie magazines, tabloids, gossips books, tons of mark down cosmetic jewlery in this bin, a bin of bad movies and tapes, and fagaylies of all kinds of things. I had been thinking about how things were going to have to change for us financially, and then I thought - what is going on in the world when it's filled with so much stuff that people really, really do not need - and there are so many people in need of just regular basic stuff and can't afford to get it? Sorry. I get hit with that now and then.

I hear complaints about the government not doing enough for the poor. I know there will always be those who have less than I, and those who have more. But if I have a tad more than anyone, I feel it is my God given assignment to pass something on. That could be money or service or whatever. And if you truly feel you have not a material thing to give, than a kindness or a prayer will do. But if a day goes by, and there is no giving ~ what is the point of being on this earth and living?







No comments: