Thursday, September 08, 2005

Day of the Week in Progress

"Even if you're on the right track... you'll still get hit if you don't move"....
Will Rogers

Today I started off late. Didn't sleep well last night and had a doctor appointment first thing this morning. I rushed to get out the door, taking my breakfast with me, and called my mother on the way over.

I have told my mother "I am blogging" ~ "What? Okay. Is it legal?" she said, as she had no idea what I was talking about. We had a good laugh, as she tried to fake her way through the computer jargon of today's world's, when I finally confronted her, 'you have no idea what I'm talking about, do you?' She finally gave it up, and laughed and confided a, "Noooo". There is a certain way my mother says 'nooo', as she is so good, she tries to please everybody. She wants to be in the loop with us and once tried emailing, but she says, 'me and the mouse just don't get along. It's wants to go it's own way just like you kids used to do!' Maybe someday she will read my blog. And she will see that I am writing to the world - I love you, Mom.

The doctor said, no more painting for awhile. And the room I am painting is not finished! And when I can paint again, I can only paint for an hour day, and get this ~ she said ' find a way to lay on your back and paint'. LOL! I think that's been done already and they called it the Sistine Chapel. This is called Paint on the Wall.

Buzzed out of the doctor's office, and I dropped into the store and bought a couple more ingredients for Madam Blueberry's cuisine. And salmon for dinner (it was on sale.) I love salmon.
I came home and made a green smoothie. My best friend insists that they are quite the thing. As I pushed the green lettuce into the blender, Madam Blueberry stared at me for a bit before she finally asked, "What are you doing?" It's not so unusual to gently questioned the motives of anyone shoving lettuce in a blender, I suppose.
"Making a green smoothie." said I.
She just blinked her eyes. "Just for you, right?" (LOL).
I told her my friend serves them to her children instead of a salad, and they like it very much.
She said, "I eat salad. And I like it very much." (I would insert a smilie but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.) as she was hinting she had no need of lettuce in the liquid form.
Anyway, the green smoothie was quite good!! I used half a Fuji apple, about 1/4 cup of pineapple and about 5 or 6 green leaves of the green lettuce, which was probably more than it needed, but I figured I put in what I would put in a salad. So that was lunch.
Then Madam Blueberry made herself a smoothie - 1/4 cup of OJ, 1/2 banana, some strawberries, some blueberries, yogurt and some ice chips -- and it was so yummy!! Just like a Jetty Punch from Tropical Smoothie!!

Out the door again, I went to visit a good friend of mine who is terminally ill. It was a great visit. Tomorrow I will go over and cut her hair, as her nurse is coming in tomorrow to bathe her, so that is perfect timing.
There were two other ladies over there, both whom I had met in the past. One of them is 70-some, and her husband is also 70, and he is a race car driver. His car number is 43 and he races in Dothan, AL. I thought that was a riotous bit of information. Something to look forward to when I am 70, racing cars in Alabama.

Then went to get my prescription filled and had to make another stop because I forgot something for Madam Blueberry on my first trip, but all these places are in a nice little circle. I am fortunate in that way.

When I got home, I finished the rest of Madam Blueberry's smoothie, and will wait until she's finished with her latest project before I cook the salmon and rice.

There is still more of the day left ~ but I can't make any more hay in this sunshine today. Ohwell, maybe later....

No comments: