Time is a fixed income and, as with any income, the real problem facing most of us is how to live successfully within our daily allotment.
- Margaret B. Johnstone
I lost a couple of days there ~ seems like a doctor appointment in there, out with Madam B one day, some trips to the grocery and the library and, of course, the banks; those are my usual haunts.
We did do some more stargazing and some exercise.
I think nothing real exciting happened here.
I did get some of the things on my list done. I just can't think what they are right now.
Today is Des' birthday. Madam Blueberry is baking a cheesecake in a springform pan. It's a lovely thing in the photo~ crust up the sides and all - called for three 8 ounce packages of cream cheese and one cup of sour cream and 3 eggs! But Des loves cheesecake. It's his favorite dessert. Tonight we are going to order out from Outback. We gathered up all the change in the house and Madam B rolled it (oh! can we count that as math?), so that pays for our dinners!
I got some more things sorted out. However, I usually make great messes while I am cleaning. Just a very untrained child where a mess is concerned...But there has been progress and that is good!
Good News -- Sean will be visiting the first weekend of October! (I can hardly believe October is right around the corner!. I mean it will be looking us in the face shortly.) He saved and budgeted for a new car, so (Lord Willing) he will have his car on Friday (tomorrow), and make a trip to visit us! and then he can haul some more of his stuff out of here! Really, it will be good to see him. I have missed him. He is a very funny fellow.
Oh wait! It's only Thursday! I thought it was Friday! Wow! I'm not in such bad shape after all!
Anyway,
Madam B and I are still finalizing her school schedule. We choose the Poetry (Tennyson) and need to address the Geography. But we will do that by Sunday. (Hello Geography, how are you?)
So I'll get back to my tasks in order to make some production of this day before I give it away to a total daydream and not remember from whence it came.
Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician
- heard it somewhere
Thursday, September 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment