Friday, March 13, 2009

H. Tip/Quote and - Running Behind

I lose track of the days. I am guessing that is not entirely unusual for people to do. There are more people in them lately, and before I know it, several days have gone by, and I'm not sure how I got here. That's really not a bad thing unless you have an unhappy life, but since I have a very happy life, it's not a bad thing at all.

Right now we have company from Rhode Island. One of my nephews is visiting with his wife and daughter, and other family came up yesterday. It's quite fun, but the day is over before you know it!

"We all grow up with the weight of history on us. Our ancestors dwell in the attics of our brains as they do in the spiraling chains of knowledge hidden in every cell of our bodies." ~Shirley Abbott

And for our health tip -

We already covered ice cream (why do I want ice cream at this time in my life? I was never a big fan of ice cream. Weird), so let's say we won't mention that on April 21 is Ben and Jerry's National Free Cone Day? And Baskin and Robbins gives you free scoops on your birthday? ...moving right along

Ankle injuries -

Balance training is what you need to help prevent ankle injuries. Practicing balance exercises help improve neural pathways between the brain and the joint (information on this can be found - at that site or just a general goggle search will prove many exercises that will help.

It's an easy exercise to adapt, good for you in terms of long terms benefits, one can do it just about anywhere, and you don't need any special clothing!

Stand firmly and comfortably on one foot. Take the opposite foot, and wrap your toe around the back of your ankle. Just stand steady. Repeat. Repeat as many times as you can during the day.

I know one that is a little more complicated, just a little, I'll post that one tomorrow.

After you are great at keeping your toe behind your ankle (make sure you work both sides), you can move the ankle up a little on your leg.

No comments: