Let's not forget that the little emotions are the great captains of our lives and we obey them without realizing it. ~Vincent Van Gogh, 1889
When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion. ~Dale Carnegie
I've discovered a new level of fatigue. The fatigue of many people around you. I'm not a person who has been around a lot of people during a day in the past, and now I am.
Everyday. New Emotions.
I'm not saying it's bad. I'm not saying it's good. I'm just saying, it's different, and it affects me.
The ages of the people range from 90 to 3 years old. There's a few generations in all of that. And I am a relational type of personality which is good, but I am, also, a private person, which is -- well, not easy to be right now.
I do get on with people just fine; I make jokes usually about things, but I am super sensitive, also. I make jokes to keep people at ease, but I am very attuned to pick up any oddities in emotions. And this is becoming a pull on the center of my own emotional gravity. That probably doesn't make sense to some people, but it makes a whole lot of sense to me.
I'm like a person that really needs to get up and go to the beach by themselves, you know, to regroup what is clashing around inside. And, I have to make myself do this, because I am also the type that will do that one more load of laundry just to get ahead of tomorrow. I'm am not my own best friend. I am not the type that takes care of me first.
I have to learn now how to be here. I can do this.
To give vent now and then to his feelings, whether of pleasure or discontent, is a great ease to a man's heart. ~Francesco Guicciardini
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment