Two separate sides of the door.
My side:
I am in the laundry room while my daughter is in the
family room folding clothes. The rooms are adjacent
separated by a door that is not closed all the way. I
am singing with enthusiasm while I rearrange some
things on the shelves.
I come across a full box of
laundry detergent that I hadn't realized was there.
It falls with a load thud. I stop singing to pick it
up and hope it didn't break in the fall. A moment of
silence passes and I hear hysterical laughter from
behind the door.
My daughter's side:
She is in the family room folding clothes. She hears
her mother singing loudly from behind the door:
"I get knocked down
but I get up again
they're never gonna keep me down,
I get knocked down
but I get up again
they're never gonna keep me down,
I get knocked down..."
*THUD*
silence....
she breaks out into hysterical laughter. She is
picturing a great video in her head.
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
One day 4 years ago
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment