Thursday, September 07, 2006

A Challenge to all School Age Children

Dear Any Parents of Any Child of School Age --

(This challenge is being 'tongue in cheek' put out there because of the information in this post.)

I would like to initiate a challenge to you. The challenge is in two parts:

  1. Give your child a Four Digit Number to memorize. This number must be known everyday for 100 and 80 days. If your child CAN successfully remember that number, your child is making a step toward independence of the common thinking.

  1. Teach your child how to handle change. This might involve learning to get change out of ones pocket or bag and give this in payment for a service of say, about $2.85 will do. And I extend this challenge to add that the child also be able to know if he/she is given the correct change. You can consider that a bonus part of the challenge. And you can consider your child on his/her way to another form of independence, if this part of the challenge is mastered.

If you and your child/children should take and participate in this challenge, I would very much like to know if your child/children have been successful.

I thank you. And one day, America will thank you.



Sincerely,

Miss Roxie

No comments: