Friday night Mr. B and I went to the beach. We took a couple of chairs and made ourselves comfortable. Just felt like looking and listening to the ocean for a while. It's got to be a good thing.
The moon rising was unreal. It was a red moon! It was about 8'ish in the evening, I think. Mr. B says it was earlier, but close. We thought we saw a ship out on the water, and it looked like it was coming closer and closer, first slowly and then moving very quickly. We thought, 'gee that's a weird light for a ship to have' ... then Mr. B realized that it was the moon rising. I thought we were being attacked by a UFO.
It really was an amazing thing. There is such power in the earth. People yell and argue and scream at each other and their kids and start wars and steal cars and swindle old people ... but they can't stop the moon from rising red over the ocean. Sometimes I wish the moon would crash down on the heads of bad people. And then just get up and rise back up in the sky.
Saturday we watched the launching of the Space Shuttle Atlantis from our front yard. Very unique feeling to go out into the front yard and see people being shot into space. I hope it does us, as a people, as the earth, some good. I really don't know about these types of things. It does give the mind something to do, I suppose, you know, going out into space. That's a lot of planning. I go crazy thinking about 16 people coming to my house for the weekend; I can't imagine planning to launch them into space! Ummm. Maybe I should.
Sunday, September 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment