Monday, September 04, 2006

The Standard

I spent a good part of the day in Home Depot. I don't enjoy Home Depot. I whine when I am in Home Depot.

We had to buy some shelving. There is a lot of math involved in shelving projects. But now, THERE is a homeschool project that could kill the proverbial birds with the one stone. Have your child put up shelves. Hopefully, they won't make as many holes in the walls as Mr. B did.

However, there is no guarantee in that. You see, contractors say - the studs are placed at 16" --and ha, ha, ha on the measurements of contractors. We had a stud-finder that says contractors rulers are off a tad.

Do you know what a 'standard' is? I didn't. But that strip that holds the supports that holds the shelves is called a 'standard'. How about that? I would have called it a support strip. Or in short perhaps, a strip. - but if you click on this, you can see what a standard is.

Live and Learn.


No comments: