Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Some days ya' just gotta ramble....

Is the glass half empty, half full, or twice as large as it needs to be? ~Author Unknown

and
Home again. Looking for the groove of things. Still packing, still planning, but still maintaining a daily schedule of some type for living in the now. Now Here as opposed to No Where is the constant struggle....as in, I can't leave before I go.
and
Speaking of Nowhere.
Madam B was examining this word the other day. She felt that nowhere was also now here more than we think....basically, 'nowhere' and 'now here' is the same thing. You are nowhere but now here at the same time. She's been examining these words that come together. I should encourage her to write about this because when she originally has a thought about them .... she leaves me going "huh?".....that's the way I feel some days after her dissections.

Last Sunday night on the ride home from church, Madam B told her Dad she couldn't wait to get back to 'Johnny Tremain' and 'The Twelfth Night.' That is so cool, I thought. It's great when there is pleasure in a book that you are assigned for your schoolwork!

We did one of our up till 1 AM school days -- sometimes we just can't sleep, so we do some school work. I think my child is a true night owl because I get more discussion from her in the wee hours of the morning than in the center of the day.

Haiku ~
Here's a flash from Madam B -

Look how cool this is
I can write a haiku
James just ate a bug.

Twelfth Night ~ Yesterday morning, right before coffee I was greeted with "Olivia told Viola she loved her and I think the fool is awesome, he is _so_ funny." My head was fuzzy, 'Olivia loves Viola? And you love the fool? My gosh...what are we talking about?'
brain - tick, tick, tick, and finally the wheels fall into place -- 'Oh, Oh....kay. Shakespeare'. I feel better now. I thought maybe she was watching some weird thing on the TV while I was gone....

The more she narrated from the book, I began to marvel at the fact that Shakespeare could be the foundation idea of soap operas. This story is just plain silliness with a twirly plot.

I told Madam B that the real reason she was so enjoying the 12th Night is because she would like to talk like that! They are very sarcastic to each other .... but it truly is a comedy. It leaves her laughing out loud and never before have I heard so much, "Mom, I gotta read this to you!"

I just returned from a southern run to the area of the new house to drop off some boxes and take my inlaws home, and I was more tired than I wished I were. Sometimes I don't think it's the fatigue of driving, I think it's the thinking of all that awaits me. Okay, and the fatigue of driving.

I hear advice - and from others, from their mountaintop view of things, I suppose they look around and see clearly the order of things I should do. I listen. But regardless of all the good advice, I still have mine own self to contend with. Sometimes my view is a little foggy, looking through weary haze and clouds which might be misty tears. But I'll manage to get it all done. "All things work together for good...."

I saw many police officers on my trip, drank lots of coffee and had a flash thought that I didn't have my drivers license. After all the coffee and seeing all the police officers, I began to feel a tad stressed at that fact. I checked and it wasn't there! Panic. I pulled over - for another coffee -I let someone else look in my purse, and there it was - in an odd spot. You know that's always the way. You do one thing different from your little routine and there you are - lost in (the) space (between your ears).


Back to Madam B ~ She tried a blueberry pie this week, but it didn't hold to specs. I never got to try it. She fooled around with altering some ingredients in our favorite banana bread recipe and made it healthier and that's always a good thing! Next experience was to take the chocolate chip recipe we love and see if it could be shaped into hearts.

Before I left she had baked some really cute cupcakes! I'll put some pictures up later.

She's been successful with her recipe gatherings and has some breakfast, lunch and dinner menus together. We were just thinking, we need to go into planning for * leftover menus* like the magazines do. It's a practical world on certain days. Not here. But somewhere.

I would like to share with you two poems we were discussing. I like them both.

Love's Secret
~~ William Blake

Never seek to tell thy love,
Love that never told can be;
For the gentle wind doth move
Silently, invisibly.

I told my love, I told my love,
I told her all my heart,
Trembling, cold, in ghastly fears.
Ah! she did depart!

Soon after she was gone from me,
A traveller came by,
Silently, invisibly:
He took her with a sigh.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Come not, when I am dead
~~ Lord Alfred Tennyson

Come not, when I am dead,
To drop thy foolish tears upon my grave,
To trample round my fallen head,
And vex the unhappy dust thou wouldst not save.
There let the wind sweep and the plover cry;
But thou, go by.

Child, if it were thine error or thy crime
I care no longer, being all unblest:
Wed whom thou wilt, but I am sick of Time,
And I desire to rest.
Pass on, weak heart, and leave me where I lie:
Go by, go by.


Tu Tranquilo,

Miss Roxie

No comments: