Sunday, February 26, 2006

Marriage Secrets

This is from Tim's Mom, of the turbo charged knitting needles ...

Question

What's one thing you have learned to do differently to make your marriage better? Or one thing you think is important to a good marriage?

The Not-So-Fine-Print: If you're not married, look at your parents or a couple you know that has a good marriage and tell something you admire about their relationship. And no pressure to tell the most important thing; in fact, try to write something different than what's already been written, if you get tagged after several other people have already done it. If you get tagged, link back to whoever tagged you, so we can follow the trail and see what others have said.

My Answer

I am learning that it’s not 50 / 50 in the marriage relationship. It’s *100 /100*.

I am learning to identify what real love is, and I’m glad it’s so totally blind. It’s not getting the perfect gift for your birthday, but it’s a tired man who will go with you down the block to give the cake to the neighbors even though his day turned out way, way longer than he ever thought it would be.

I am learning a successful marriage involves trust and it’s a big step to trust, but it’s the best thing you can do.

I am learning how to practice my communication skills!

I am learning that if I want to sing or dance or read aloud something or be silly or create something or whistle a tune, that I always have a willing audience.

I am learning that everything in a marriage is not fair, and there’s just no point in worrying about it because the Fair Train goes round and round following the Unfair Train, so each of you will get a turn and in the end there will end up being plenty of rides on both.

I am learning that it really is fun to do something nice for someone who loves you.

I am learning that ‘you can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.’ (.....rolling stones....)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And now the tag part ....
How about

Athena in a Minivan?

No comments: