Some people get lost in thought because it's such unfamiliar territory. ~G. Behn
Moving out (date still unknown) update -
What a day. I don't think I wanted to wake up. Mr. B woke me at 9:30!! That is late for me. He came in armed with a cup of hot coffee, and I heard his voice in my dream! I was still dreaming! I was up late last night with Madam B. We watched a movie called The Constant Gardner. I don't recommend it to anyone, but it was heavy and brought up a lot of questions about the (awful) state of the world, and we talked about everyone from ourselves to past Presidents and administrations to Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt! You just can't go to sleep after a heavy conversation, so we sat on the couch for awhile until the heaviness went away, and then we searched on line a bit for recipes, until we felt we had laughed about a few things and then went to bed.
Mr. B. also woke Madam Blueberry out of a dream this morning, too. He was saying quietly to her, "Waffles....waffles....waffles" She said the word kept coming into her dream, and she couldn't make sense of it...but her dad wanted her to make waffles for breakfast. Blueberry, of course! They are good!
So she made breakfast, and I made lunch - spaghetti with meatballs and garlic bread and spinach casserole,
and we decided Mr. B. was responsible for dinner (we've not been fed yet)...
and we proceeded to drink waaaay too much coffee ...
So as of right now,
My dryer is in my family room, and my family room looks like the liquor store warehouse. Did I ask Mr. B to pick up boxes? Yes, I did.
And did he? Yes, he did ~ but he made sure he wasn't going to have to go again .... I should post a photo.
He ran into one of our neighbors at the liquor store, and she said she almost had a heart attack when she saw our For Sale sign out front. She was very complimentary to us as neighbors, so that was nice to hear.
In my packing I came across some books to donate to my church library and then thought, what will they think if I give them the books in a Crown Royal box? I know this is probably too politically correct of me and shallow, but I put them in the most neutral box I could find. I am weak.
My laundry room is so cute right now. Nothing in there but the washer and the hot water heater. Madam B and I painted the walls a mauve color last week. It was a color that I mixed with some paint I had left over -- It was actually the dumbest thing I've ever done to paint those unfinished walls a color because it was just absorbing the paint so, it made it a long and tedious task, but it just didn't dawn on me at the time I should have just painted them white as it would have been a whole lot easier, but 'oh well' ....win some, lose some.
Anyway,
the floor in the laundry room, Mr B. painted gray with concrete paint and it looks cute! Treat yourself to a cute laundry room. I wish I had done this years ago. Why do I not treat myself nicely?
The rooms are all still a mess. Tomorrow I have to have some orderliness somewhere. I just have to. Please.
We spend our days in deliberating, and we end them without coming to any resolve. ~L'Estrange
Nope...I resolve, one of these rooms will be peaceful tonight before I retire.
Saturday, February 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment