Suppose it depends on what you are doing.
Like being alive - no, not a long time.
Growing a beard? A very long time.
Being a tree? A good long time.
Being married?
I don't know!
Seems like it's about a long time, but not really.
We went out to dinner and shared a meal (it's costly these days to do anything! Even go to Barnes and Noble.) We sat at the bar because we weren't dressed up, but this is a nice little place right down our street. We were going to order take out, but the atmosphere was relaxed and because it was a Thursday night, not crowded, and we didn't feel out of place so much.
And I didn't realize that people at the bar, talk to each other like they are old friends whether they know each other or not. It's was kind of refreshing in a way. It was not a 'bar' type atmosphere, just a nice little restaurant.
The lady who tended the bar gave us a free (huge, giant) chocolate chip cookie because it was our anniversary. I thought that was nice. We brought that home to Madam Blueberry, and this made her very happy.
So what's it like to be married for 26 years?
I'll have to think about that answer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment