Today is my sister's birthday.
I'm not even sure how old she is any more! I just know she is a very special person to me, a really terrific friend, and someone with whom I can share the deep things of my life.
I am so proud of her and her accomplishments. I am extrememly happy when she comes to visit, or I can visit her. We always have a good time, drink some wine, share some jokes and gain weight. (drat! why is that!)
As my younger sister, she has had to put up with me always, always, _always_ nosing into her business. She tells me something and I say, "well, here's what you should do...." Poor Nana, never has a chance. Big sister is, like, in the roll of being "in charged" of her. But, I did find out from her, recently, that she is very used to my doing that and doesn't resent it all that much. That is a load off my mind!
So, Happy Birthday my darling, beautiful sister. May this day and every day be filled with joy and love. May the sun shine sweetly at you in the morning and may the stars bid you a restful night's sleep. Know in your heart, that all is well.
And may the Lord continue to bless you and keep you close.
No comments:
Post a Comment