Friday, August 08, 2008

Thirty two years ago today,,,

...my heart was opened wide, and it seems like it was placed outside of my body, and given into the hands of a tiny, little being. I became a mother for the very first time.

I am sitting here trying to think of how to describe the part of the world that became alive to me. I can't find the words to capture or frame how it felt to hold in my arms that small precious infant being.

I am glad that God has allowed me to remember all the details of those days, those first moments, those first everythings. I am forever thankful, forever blessed, and forever will I feel special to have the experience of being a mother. There is no other experience to replace it, none like it, none as fulfilling that I have known.

I love my children. They have my heart, and they always will.

Happy Birthday to my first born son. Happy, Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

LNL said...

That's a really accurate description. I hope he had a happy birthday!!