Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday after Fay

This was one of those days. One of those days in which you had a million plans and you didn't do any of those things.

I got up late. I made coffee.

Then, there's a major blank. Somewhere between getting up and almost noon, a friend I was going to visit called and told me she wouldn't be home. Drat! I thought, I just lost my last incentive for getting out of the house today!

I had thought I would go to the hospital to take my mother in law some decent food, as she says there is none in there, but I found out that my father in law was going to be released today - so needing an incentive still to get out the door -

I decided to mow the lawn. Not my lawn. My mother in law's lawn. Have I ever mentioned that I am not gifted in this area? Mowers and Me. That was not a book written with me in mind.

This mower we have is a push kind with some kind of automatic 'bar' thing, that if you hold it in, the mower goes by itself. Sorta. It doesn't necessarily go the right way. It just goes somewhere. Like into the flower beds and over flowers, and maybe my mother in law will be so tired she won't notice those huge divots in her yard.

Luckily for all concerned, the mower ran out of gas. I have concluded that I am in terrible shape physically.

When my mother in law found out I ran out of gas, she told me there was more in the shed. I told her it was raining.

In the real picture, I did get some things done. I did not spend the day doing nothing. But, in the abstract of the picture, I didn't accomplish the things I was hoping to accomplish --

and I think, what it is, is that I'm going to have to be in the mood to do those things.

However, that is not a good thing -

"...don't wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has got to get down to work. - Pearl Buck

Those things are not ingrained habit things. Those things are outside of the discipline of my character things. Those things are a struggle for me, still.

But, one day! It may not be this day! But one day - and soon! I shall move past this place and into that place of ... what was I talking about again? Oh yeah, doing things I don't want to do ...

So when I do that ...

I'll probably blog about it here.

No comments: