Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The School Schedule 2007/2008

I won't pretend last year wasn't difficult. We moved last year and whew! -- We are still finishing up a couple of things.

I thought about just going on the entire year, but that was just too much, so we took about three and half full weeks off -

My usual plan is that when school in my area officially starts, that's when I sit down and finalize everything, and we usually have school through the end of July. This year I had Madam Blueberry sit down with me to make up the schedule. I thought she was old enough now to do that --she is 17. (Wow!)

Basically I am just missing our math book -- Oh Madam B is all broke up about that (hahaha) --I'm going to order Geometry through Singapore Math --

We decided which books we would do together and what days. She helped me count the pages and divide them up - and we decided which books we would finish this first term...One is an economics book, "What Ever Happened to Penny Candy?" by Richard Maybury.

I'll write that all out later - I have to transfer my handwritten notes onto the computer and print out the schedule.

I'm using this journal. It has a list for notes on the right side of the page, and a calendar in each page. So, I'll have her write in the notes section what she read for each day, and make whatever notes I need regarding doctor appointments, etc., in the calendar. Now, to make sure I don't lose the thing every 45 minutes - there's a secret formula somewhere!!

From last year we are finishing the Book of Job, and our History (This Country of Ours) --My mother has suggested that Madam B read an autobiography of Eleanor Roosevelt. I didn't realize my mom really liked her.

Oh well, it will be about two weeks before things are running smoothly (if ever, maybe), but we'll give it our very best!

" Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. "
-- William Butler Yeats


" What we want to see is the child in pursuit of knowledge, not knowledge in pursuit of the child. "
-- George Bernard Shaw

No comments: