Monday, August 20, 2007

First day of Middle School

...for my oldest great nephew. And doesn't he end up sounding the alarms on all battle stations when he doesn't get off the school bus upon it's arrival to his destinated stop?

Yes.

Oh, Nathan, our hearts did sink today when we got the call that you weren't on the bus this afternoon.

Nate is 11, I think, oh my gosh is he 12? My, how the time has flown ...I remember when he was 4 months old and I began helping to take care of him. I did that, having him in my home almost every day and several nights for a few years, until he started school. (Then we missed him not being there.)

Now he is in Middle School! How did that happen?

My friend Leslie gave him his first copy of Beowulf, which he had his mom read to him over and over from the time he was in kindergarten, he loved that story as he thought it was so exciting. Leslie met him on line, as Nathan would sit on my lap while Leslie and I chatted on the AOL IM. He loved it that she would write words that he asked her to write, like *Lightsaber*! That was so cute. I can remember that so clearly, like it was yesterday. (Wasn't it yesterday?)

But all turned out well. My sister and the Mother of the little boy that Nathan was supposed to be with, went down to the school - the school called the bus drivers and told them that 2 boys were missing - one driver reported he had two boys that weren't getting off the bus (LOL) , and so that driver found out where they lived and brought them home.

It turned out an okay cute story - but, not while no one knew where they were!

But Alls Well that Ends Well!!

(Thank you, God)

No comments: