Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Daze of School Days

And so, for our county school begins next week. As per always, that is when I begin, with the help of Madam B, to get my school schedule together. That doesn't mean I haven't ordered some books or thought about the cirriculum, that just means --
Now it's time --
to place the books together in a row,
as my friend Luke in Tennessee has alluded to me in a different conversation -
now is the time "to tie the strings together"
I have many of my parts and bits - here and there -
Come Monday, we will put things in their special place, and have a closer look at them to attempt to make out our schedule.

I have learned that the holiday months are difficult for us to concentrate on school - so basically, I just take those out from the beginning and plan on enjoying them. Life is, after all, short. Family is important, and these days of youth and enjoyment of family are fine, fine learning experiences and fill the treasure memory box with laughs and sentiments that are wonderful to glance at in later life. I wouldn't neglect these times for the worlds.

I fill those days with baking and gifting wrapping and organizing, and of course, visiting and singing. Madam Blueberry has talents in certain areas that surpass mine. She's one of these people that when you tell her to do something, or give her a list, a while later you come in and see her sitting and reading a book, and you say, "What about your blah-blah-blah" (read:things from list), and she looks at you and says, "It's done." My oldest son is that way also. A list to them, it's like power and direction. Give it to them and they see freedom!!

My middle son, whom I dearly love with all my heart, would be the one to say, "Oh yeah, what happen to that list? I saw it here somewhere...Mom, do you have any milk?"

Special is as special does. These children of mine give me such great joy, and here I am sidetracked off my orginal post!

Oh well, I'm sure things will circle back in my head soon. Right now, I better get rolling or I'll be late to pick up Jacob!

(I'm going to be posting some photos soon...)

Take care -
1. Forgive someone today
2. Smile randomly at people and plants
3. Thank God for every thing great and small
4. Email a friend -- actually, that comes from a little thing I read that said, 'today reach out and tell someone that you love them."

(Note to Mel - your emails are bouncing back!)

1 comment:

job said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.