Going to Home Depot used to be, to me, worse than having oral surgery. Now, I don't mind at all (Home Depot, not oral surgery). I spend all my time in the garden section whilst Mr. B doth fitter away looking at electrical fittings, tools used for wiring things that involve electronics, and such like that -- whatever --
The other day I was reading though the books there and found a suggestion for your garden - plant plants that bloom at different times of the day and night! There are catus, that have flowers that are just beautiful, there is a photo of one here, that bloom at night only, and different flowers are suggested for a night garden effect, like Moonflowers, and then there was a mention of different flowers that bloom in the brightest sun, and those that bloom only in early morning ...I really need to post photos of my own blooms.
I mean, it's all stuff that I probably knew, but you know what? I didn't realize it. And now it's dawned on me - and yes, this will be fun.
I've already noticed that gardens have a Monet kind of effect to them because depending on what time you go out to view, it will show you different colors, as some are sleeping late and some are rising early. I don't have any that bloom at night yet.
I'll probably make a trip to the library for a book on night plants before I head back to Home Depot for some more plants.
Right now, I need more dirt. Today I put down 160 pounds of dirt. My back is reminding me of that. I had to move two Rose Bushes that were stabbing me when I needed to go in and trim the Mandevillas. And I have been encouraging the Mandevillas to grow over this space I want them to cover by using fishing line to show them their direction. The roses didn't care for my intrusion on their space to work on the Mandevilla plan. So, today, I put them front and center -- Maybe they will be happier now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment