Quick Notes from a Crazy Lady in a little Blue House –
Tomorrow is the huge Yard Sale. I really don’t like them. This one is very big with police and yellow ribbons and cones and markers. We have two booths and tons of junk, ‘er, uh, stuff – goodies – fares and wares – with little red, yellow and green tags on them.
Some of them are white tags, so as to contain an explanation of what the item might be. Isn’t this a weird world? Buying something the likes of which had to be explained to you what it was…. how ingenious.
So my car is loaded up, and Mr. B’s truck is going to be loaded in the morning with the rest of the storage/attic treasures.
AN OPEN LETTER:
Please, please find a home with someone else, dear stuff, it’s not that I don’t love you any more, I just don’t have the room here, and you have served us well, and we have looked at you long and in all it’s propers, so now it’s time to allow us to exchange a few tokens with someone new, and they can take you home and have a good look at you and feel the joy that you have brought to us.
ON THE HOME FRONT:
I will be glad when this is over! My house and porch are once again filled with more things to make a decision about. I look through it and think how can I throw this away? So. I’m not. I’m just putting it in the attic for another day.
THE BEANIE BABIES
I think the Beanies are cute. We have lots of them. My son Sean won 100 in a drawing so that started us off really well, then gifts they were from relatives and friends, and the kids buying their own in the collecting of them, so what I’ve decided is not to sell them. I’m giving some to special friends, and then I’ll donate the rest to someplace that helps children who might need a little beanie friend to help him through something. They’re just to darn cute to sell to a stranger on a hot humid day.
Or. If all else fails and I keep them. Perhaps they can be used for money one day – along with everything else here that was Made in China.
I find Yard Sales overwhelming. I want to crawl under a cover and sleep until it’s over. I’m nervous right now about being able to get up in the morning!! What kind of person gets stressed out over a Yard Sale!! They are supposed to be fun! And Prosperous!
No comments:
Post a Comment