Thursday, February 22, 2007

Out in the great wide open

...that's a line from a Tom Petty song that I borrowed for today's theme. Which stems from judgment...

This Judgment I am thinking of is the judgment regarding the power that one feels another's thoughts, ideas, or actions have on your thoughts, ideas, or actions. And Really - they don't have Any, other than the power one gives them.

Today's Judgment is of how my place - my home - looks. I have a closest that is not serving me well because I have, since I moved here, just basically shoved stuff in there.

Why?
Because someone was always coming to visit, and so therefore, no one could see all my stuff.

Why?
Because they might judge me or pass remarks on my stuff or amount of stuff or boast on their success of having attained distachment from or dealt successfully with their stuff...

It's silly, I know. That thought is all in my head. Regardless of what the person might say or think, right?

So today - Out in the Great Wide Open - is the contents of my closest. And I shall begin, today, to put it away as I would like it put away, arrange it as I would like it arranged, and judgment be damned. In other words, I shall no longer be silly about this.

No comments: