...I decided to make my own candy. I was frustrated beyond a measure about the peanuts left in the can of mixed nuts. No one would eat the peanuts.
So I thought, I had to find a way to use those peanuts. Candy. I thought "Candy" ...I would make candy.
I do it the easy way. I don't buy any fancy ingredients, just semi-sweet chocolate chips.
I melt the chocolate and add -- whatever I want.
Madam Blueberry likes just raisins. So I just put some raisins in a bowl with the melted chocolate ,and stir them around, and then drop them in teaspoon size pieces on a piece of foil (you can use wax paper) that I have sprayed with some non-stick spray, and then put them in the freezer. When they are frozen enough to stay together (doesn't take that long), I put them in a zip lock bag and store them in the freezer. Yum.
Mr. B and I like a bit more stuff in our candy. So in the bowl with the melted chocolate I add, raisins, nuts, and anything else I want. I've added Cherries from Smuckers Jam, Peanut Butter from a jar of Natural Peanut Butter, different cereals - you can try anything.
So the recipe --
Pour chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl
Melt chips in microwave
Take out and stir
Add whatever ingredients you like (I'll bet you could get away with adding finely chopped carrots!)
Drop by teaspoonful amounts on prepared surface
Freeze in Freezer.
Transport to ziplock bag.
Easy Peasy. And your popularity rate will sore!!
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment