Thursday, February 15, 2007

Did you know that ....

1. Chewing each bite of food 25 times causes women to eat up to 210 fewer calories a day? (It doesn't say men, it says women.) True Study. It has to do with our satiety signals. They need time. Time to tell us, we are satieated. We rush them when we eat fast. (I eat fast) ...

Eating fast makes us race ahead of our bodies ability to keep track of our total food intake and we don't when we are full because we have interferred with the signal! (Source: Food Timing Diet, Mike Adams). Slow Down. You're moving to fast. Ya' got to make that cookie last -

2. A 10 to 15 minutes daily walk in the natural sunlight not only clears our head, relieves stress and increses circulation, it could also cure the risk of breast cancer at least 30 to 40 %. (Source: Target News.com)

3. Hula Hoops are back! I'm going to steal one from my little nephew! It's a pink one, I don't think he'll care. Hula Hooping is now considered a very "approachable fitness method", according to Christabel Zamor. Cool Beans! Anybody else willing to get on board for Hula Hooping!?

What I do think is charming, though, is that there are 'instructions'.....you need a DVD or you should take classes. They even tell you to be sure to move your furniture should you do this at home. No offense, but ...Duh.

And you are supposed to buy a 'fitness hoop' not a child's hoop ....Shucks, I'm still gonna steal one from my nephew. He has four of them. I just don't think life should be all this complicated. It's a Hula Hoop.

No comments: