...and life goes on -- in a good way.
Anyone who has come near my blog has heard me with this long drolling _w-h-i-n-e_ about this moving situation I am in.
Well, in the midst of it all, my brother decided to buy my husband a bass guitar. (I always spell it 'base' but apparently that's wrong?).
Does my husband play guitar? No.
Does he have time to practice? He says No.
But he's got the music in him. He did play drums. His father had a band and played accordian, his family can sing, my kids have some musical genes (I just sing ...ah, because I want too, not because I can!) ...so we all have faith in him.
Anyway, so he's out there practicing with a burnt CD of the particular tunes he will be playing on, my kids are helping him (Madam B is learning guitar and Sean already plays in the band*)...the music is playing, everyone is singing and dancing, and I am so happy right now.
*The Band - Seldom Seen and The Remainders. That would be my brother, my brother in law, my son Sean, and now Mr. B!! LOL.
"The Girls" (myself, my sister, and my sister in law and one of my nieces, Shannon who also plays guitar very, very well) will be practicing our way to officially step up to the mike. Mostly, up until now, we've just jumped in whenever and wherever -- well, mostly me, because I just do that. It's my little brother after all. Big sisters have some rights. Just ask Lucy.
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment