Friday, December 16, 2005

Such Lovely Day

One ship sails East,
And another West,
By the self-same winds that blow,
Tis the set of the sails
And not the gales,
That tells the way we go.

Like the winds of the sea
Are the waves of time,
As we journey along through life,
Tis the set of the soul,
That determines the goal,
And not the calm or the strife.
~~Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Don't you think the day passed quickly? How did you spend your time? Ben Franklin tells us time is not to be squandered. But he was such a busy fellow, I wonder if he did any relaxing at all! If he and Thomas Edison were around today, the experts diagnose them ADD!

Time is such a teacher. These days I wake up with the idea that I want to remember *this day*. I want it to pass well spoken, well thought of... That's one reason I love my Blog. It helps me keep track of my life. It helps me remember that I always want to be kind. Because what am I going to write here? I write about my day, I think about my day because I write about it.

"Good thoughts are no better than good dreams, unless they be executed"….Ralph Waldo Emerson

Madam Blueberry and I went shopping, completed all the tasks at hand, and then enjoyed one of our favorite things...sharing a coffee and a treat at Barnies! We love their coffee! I think the name of today's coffee was Nutcracker Sweet (it sure was good). And our special treat was a Spinach Feta Pretzel. I know it sounds weird, but it went together well, and I wouldn't mind having another some time.

My goal is to have all the major things in the house done by Sunday night. We are going out together this weekend to finalize some shopping we need each others minds for, and then the rest of the week will be baking, delivering gifts to friends and neighbors, enjoying the scents of warm burning candles, watching the fire, and renting a few movies. Just want to chill out together until the gang's all here!

For everything there is a season,
And a time for every matter under heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die;
A time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
A time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to seek, and a time to lose;
A time to keep, and a time to throw away;
A time to tear, and a time to sew;
A time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate,
A time for war, and a time for peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

No comments: