Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I'll just close my eyes for a minute....

"I must lose myself in action, lest I wither in despair."~~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

You see, I went to the gym today. And I haven't been in over a week. (It shows itself in the oddest places, especially in the desire part of the mind that can think of every excuse NOT to go today…)


But before I went to the gym, I had to stop and buy gym shoes. I have not been able to find my shoes for a week. But for me, that is not highly unusual. If you know me, you know I am always and forever looking for my shoes.

However. This time, the loss was real. Oh well, I needed a new pair anyway.

But the old feet in the new shoes thought they could do many things at the gym that they probably should not have done.

We got home and I had a cup of tea and a bite of something to induce mind revival (which lasted all of about 35 minutes....)
Let’s say….
I managed to stay awake until around 4'ish. I did put some dinner on the stove - on low...to simmer.

I had actually started it last night. It was Madam B's Almond-Chicken-stir-fry (The almonds, chicken and mushroom part)
and I added my extra thoughts to it ... put it on the stove and sat in the chair to rest these weary bones shall we say? ...

I *awakened* myself making strange sounds (men call it snoring), and realized I needed to thank God that I had not burned the house down!

But! Here's the good news! I have discovered that if I quadruple Madam B's sauce and add some of my thoughts and cook it on low for 45 minutes (to an hour maybe??), you have a lovely, rich, smooth looking, good tasting sauce!! (And the house did smell a lot like Almonds, but that's okay.)

Aint's life just grand!

Just another piece of the jumbo puzzle that says “All’s Well That Ends Well.” (Good dinner!)

No comments: