Tuesday, December 06, 2005

On the road again

"Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family. Most of us would give our own life
for the survival of a family member, yet we lead our daily life too often as if we take our family
for granted."
~Paul Pearshall

It's been a family weekend! We are not the Brady Bunch exactly or the Adams Family nor the Partridge Family, but we are a tad bit of each -- kinda like The Bradamstridge Family Brunch.
Ah well, maybe that's too formal, but close. We do try to act nice, are a little bit weirdish, and we do sing and have a band!

I know I have had some interesting discoveries this past week, but I've just not had time to get to a key board and write out my thoughts!

Since I've been away from my blog, I should just catch up with myself so I can see where I'm headed by where I have been.

Thursday we headed south, and made it to our destination on Saturday afternoon. My littlest nephew
was having a birthday party (on Sunday) ~ or more formally, a Naming Ceremony. His is of the Jewish Faith, but a naming ceremony is not inclusive of only the Jewish Faith, but this is the first one I have attended. My nephew Jacob is two, and he is just a hoot! He's one of those charming imps that grab your heart quickly and holdsfast.

On the Saturday was a surprise party for my 10 year old great nephew. He came in town for the Naming Ceremony, so as families have the habit of doing, we just combine all good things into one weekend.

It was a spinning few days ~ seeing my two big sons play football with their assorted nephews/cousins (4 of them from the ages of 5 to 10 ~ the two year old went off with Nana) was more heartwarming than I had imagined, I'm glad I decided to go out to the field to watch. I laughed so hard at the little boys catching the ball and running for touchdowns - in any direction of any pole!
Seeing my sister, her husband, my parents, my brother and his family and some of my brothers college friends....just makes you wonder Where Has The Time Gone anyway??
Then, we headed back North, and stopped for my sister in law's birthday party....

The night skies in South Florida are just breathtaking there near the ocean...
Houses are being built everywhere, everywhere, everywhere...we have got to run out of space soon!
How many people are on this planet anyway!

These are not the deeper thoughts I've had these past few days, but just the notes of some of the things that have happened in the last few days. Family is a very strange thing. A concept that puts you in connection with people just because you share a blood line. Serious business when you think about it.

~~~~~~~~
"What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." ~George Eliot
~~~~~~~

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

- - Frank Outlaw




No comments: