Thursday, December 01, 2005

And Yo Ho Yo Ho......

A pirate's life for me ...
Stardate ~ Captain's Log and Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me...

"Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all."
~~ Captain Jack Sparrow


I have decided to be a pirate. It's seems illogical to live ones life and not be a pirate in something. So I am pirating against Old Aging. I am plotting against it in the way of deciding to just not notice it.

From my careful observations of old age, aside from the time your spirit spends in this body, I'm not sure it's something that takes a conscientious admission.


If I have an ache or a pain, I'll decide it's what happens to active people. If I can't remember where my car keys are, I'll decide it's because I lead such a busy life.

I've taken to wearing one hoop earring in my left ear as my pirate motto. Thought that might be more tame than a eye patch.

Madam Blueberry said, "Well Mother, if you wear just one hoop earring, and you are old, people will think you have just forgotten the other earring."

"Well," said I, "that is not something that a pirate would worry about, now is it?"
~~~~~~

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
~ Mark Twain


No comments: