Monday, December 12, 2005

The Revised Revision of the Revised List.....

Murphy's laws tells us, whenever we set out to do something, something else must be done first ~ and ain't that always the way!

My list is on *ready alert* at all times. Hopefully, I won't lose it _again_ between now and the next 15 minutes. And I thought I had already bought those Holiday stamps!~ But maybe I didn't because I really wasn't that impressed with the choices this year.

My plan is to get out early today and do some of the things on The List, while Madam B attends to school doing the work she can do on her own. She and I are tired. We stayed up late, sorting and wrapping things that needed to be mailed today and making revisions on the lists!

The Morning –

So, I'm off for round one.

This entire list making effort is so that we are able to take time to have fun this holiday! We have lots of baking planned, and we haven't settled yet on the Christmas menu for the weekend at all!

Since there are so many here to get ready, we may attend evening church on the 25th...
but several of my guests this year are Catholic, and one year we went to Christmas Eve mass with them when they visited.

...The year my Jewish relatives visited, we lite the Menorah with them every night in celebration of Hanukkah. We left the candals burning and placed them atop the wood burning stove, and one evening, after tea, we smelled something....We were all sitting right there and didn't realize the little flames had reached up and tickled my mantle in a forever kind of a way...I still have the marks on my mantle that marks the memory of the occasion.

Nothing like a memory ... you must not forget to make your memories in life! If someone ever asks you what you would like as a gift, and you can't think of anything? Tell them you want a memory!

Life is not about the things you get, it's about the memories you make. That’s the secret of holding on to things, holding on to life, holding on to love.

Tu tranquilo! ~~~



No comments: