Monday, October 17, 2005
Times a fly in bye
"For the meaning of life differs from man to man, from day to day and from hour to hour. What matters, therefore, is not the meaning of life in general but rather the specific meaning of a person's life at a given moment." Victor Frankl (Austrian psychiatrist and psychotherapist. 1905-1997)
I seem to be in a mood that is appearing to waste time. Maybe this is my way of relaxing.
I can't believe it's Monday and almost the last of October 2005! So much to do --
Pack for my trip on Thursday and get things in order before I leave. I always feel this compulsion to leave things neater than is my norm, upon my departure from home. I like to leave all the laundry done and my desk tidy. Which is a real chore for me! My desk is that perpetual work in constant progress - I can never remember if that is an end to a means or a means to an end. I just know, the work never ends, and I always mean to clean it up. (Just never get a round-to-it quite.)
Upon my return, I will have the end of month billing to get out, quarterlies to prepare, and a trip to Eutis on the 29th. We are driving there. It's Kenny's fourth birthday, and then I'm visiting my niece on Sunday.
So, I had best get started!
I want to finish Uncle Tom's Cabin before I leave. Even though this is a very emotional book, it's been Topsy who has stirred my emotions the most.
I treated myself to The Picture of Dorian Gray for my birthday. So this is on my list to read, but I won't dare start it until, perhaps when I get on the plane to Tennessee.
Oh well, I best get going. I have a long list of things in the ready.
Yesterday, we went out together to look at things like flooring and kitchen cabinets and counter top selections for the new house. I'm just not gifted in this...I'll be happy when it's settled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?" said Alice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment