“Are you closer right now to where you want to be than you were a half-hour ago?”
---Robert Cooper
I’m falling into Wednesday now, and am not sure what has happened to the earlier part of the week.
Let’s see ~ This past weekend Sean was here visiting. We had a great time. We rented a couple of movies…Coach Carter and The Interpreter….I thought both were good. We broke bread together, and I've missed that……we made snacks and dinners, and blueberry muffins and a gallant breakfast, attended church together, he played football with his friends, and when he left he took very little of the stuff he had left here, but did enjoy the idea of the case of toilet paper I bought him. I never thought I would live to see the day that one of my children would rejoice about a gift of toilet paper. He left on Monday.
Madam B attended school, as per usual, on Monday, I must say I am proud of her for that. She’s been brilliant about attending to her schoolwork, as this last few days; I have been totally off track and not checked a single thing!
The next two weeks we will be busy choosing the fixtures and flooring for the house we are moving into next year. It’s been assigned for the choices to be made by November first! I am not very good at this sort of thing, and have given over the most of the task to Madam B and my wonderful husband. Their preferences are stronger than mine. I am not that choosy. And, I’m more a person who knows what I don’t like rather than what I do. My senses in the area of choosing such things as these are not developed. So I must rely on others. And so I will.
I am reading Uncle Tom’s Cabin, and it has taken over the whole of my interest in any reading material. I am half way through the book. I have found a piece in there, that in my estimation, is much the same as the idea of the discourse that Shylock gave in the Merchant of Venice. I’ll share that in an individual post.
The day has passed by quickly. I’ve been busy. There is much going on right now with preparations of a trip next week, and preparations of the new house, and keeping up with everyday life! I’m blinded by my busyness, and I’m not sure that’s a good thing!
Sean phoned from a job interview that looks hopeful! That is really great news!
“...Everything can be taken from a man but one thing; the last of the human freedoms—to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.”
No comments:
Post a Comment