"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body".....Elizabeth Stone
My two sons are in Jupiter, Florida and are experiencing day four without power. There is no way to get a hot meal in the area. There is no way to pump gas, if the station should have gas....Some people have waited for seven hours.
However, the mall has power. But the Community College doesn't have power. Can't quite figure that one out....
The boys are dining on PB & J's for now.
A tree fell on one son's car, so they are car-pooling. But that leaves the youngest one stranded at home on the days he doesn't work. He could walk up to the store to look at the canned goods he could eat cold. And he is close enough to walk over to the beach.
So walking and sleeping and board games and cards is what they are doing. (I know! They should be reading!)
We get so comfortable in our lives, do we forget about the conveniences we have? Warm showers, tea, coffee, and fresh towels? I'm feeling guilty for having too many lights on!
Dad offered to drive down there and bring them whatever they need ~ that is love. They said they were fine for now. But it could be two weeks before they have power.
They will be fine, I know. And next time, they will be better prepared. We were planning on seeing them this weekend anyway, so we can help them in some way, I'm sure.
The South Florida radio reports that FEMA has come in to remove debris from some of the neighborhoods. The neighborhoods where they are reported to have been seen working, happens to be very affluent. It seems that the very needy areas of town have seen no one from FEMA yet. I don't know, I'm not there, just reporting what I've been told.
Oh well, the truth will come out. Don't know when, just know that it always does.
Truth is generally the best vindication against slander......Abraham Lincoln
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have much catching up to do on my blog!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No comments:
Post a Comment