Sunday, December 19, 2010

View from a distance

I watched you walk out the door
your eyes meet mine
and
my heart broke
in twelve different places...

the door closed
and
I felt the cold night air
swirling around
the cracked spaces
in between the layers
where love used to
flow freely without question
of its release...

time and time again
each time our eyes did meet
the love there was easy
not confused
or ransomed
or held in check
and it knew
in which direction
to go...

it was forward
up and out
straight and sure
and steady
and honest
as a day and a night...

and
now
I fear
you don't love me
you resent me
you don't need me...

you need to fly on your own
little bird...

you need to fly high
away from me

so you can get a better view

of all that you can't see now

from where you stand...

~~Miss Roxie

No comments: