The days are always half planned when you wake up. You have your things to do and you have the things that will come up regardless of what you do. How will we handle those things?
This morning it is cold here and I wished for hot coffee. My husband got up and made the hottest coffee I have ever had. I must look at that as I am going to have a good day.
So, I start my morning pages, and then my husband needs to talk about some serious things. I was taken by surprise because it was so early and usually it takes him a while to warm up on serious things from the start of the morning as he needs his coffee and wake up time. But, there we were ... and it was good.
I get out of bed in the morning at the point my mind will not stop. I wake up and begin my prayers and meditation and when I cannot control the outside thoughts any longer, then I get up. This morning, I had to get up fairly quickly. My mind is saturated with things and I have to find a way to get them out before the bad things turn inward and I have another physical problem, as that's what happens to me. If I don't somehow *deal* with those things in my mind that aren't good, I begin to internalize them, and that feeds the stress that is in my body with bad things. So, off I go to find a way to fill my body and mind with only good things.
Oh and on the weather - I was outside after I wrote that it was cold, and indeed it is not, it is beautiful. Matter of fact, it looks like it is going to be a perfect day.
Yesterday, it was rainy and damp and just one of those dreadful days in which one just could not get warm. Unusual for the sunny south, you know. But, there was a strange thing that happened. We are counting it as a marvelous kind of thing.
You see, my mother in law, who is 83 and a widow for two years, had a very bad day yesterday. So bad, she ended up crying and so miserable she said she wanted to die, and she is not that kind of person. She is very busy and content in her daily doings, and then something happened, something in her checkbook calculations and it really threw her for a loop! Which makes me think she had other things on her mind and that is why this hit her so hard, but anyway, we all tried to help her focus on the good side of things -- and it was not really working, but taking a lot time.
when later in the afternoon, around 5'ish, my husband goes outside her door and sees this great and glorious rainbow. I mean, I cannot describe the rainbow to you in all its glory, but it was a full arc rainbow with bright and brilliant colors! My husband, her son, called to her and said, "Mom! Come out and look at this! God has sent you a rainbow for your comfort and to show you he loves you."
And she was amazed and taken aback. She is a gentle woman of great faith. She has seen many rainbows in her lifetime. She has seen rainbows in Ireland, and you know they have beautiful rainbows in the land of green, right? So, she comes outside and just stands amazed! And she believes that this is for her. She believes that God sent this rainbow to her to comfort her. She cried. And, then she was happy.
I hope you see a rainbow today. Best wishes to you for a blessed and peaceful day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment