1. But words are things, and a small drop of ink, falling like dew upon a thought , produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think. ~~ Lord Byron
And, true, they might make you think, but in our thinking, think about whether or not those words could be lies or misconceptions or what is today fondly and irritatingly called spin.
I listen to politicians and news pundits talk, and their words just don't make sense to me. It's like a lot of these people live in another reality based somewhere here on planet Earth!
2. Words are loaded pistols. ~ Jean Paul Sartre
Oh yeah. Don't have to explain that one at all.
3. After all, when you come right down to it, how many people speak the same language even when they speak the same language? ~ Russell Hoban
This is one of my favorites. This is the phrase that must have invented the phrase:
"I know that you believe that you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. "
4. When all think alike, no one is thinking very much. ~ Walter Lippman
So yeah, "you know it's true, you all know that's it's true..."
5. If you want to make enemies, try to change something. ~ Woodrow Wilson
Why is that? Where in our programming of thought is this fear of change?
Since the very beginning of time, things have always changed. When did we fail to notice this happening? Perhaps we failed to notice the necessity?
Oh well, I'm done writing about this, but I'm not done thinking about this ~
for now,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment